Sunday, August 12, 2007 by Mariskova
1. I'll watch Nagabonar Jadi 2 again. And this time I'll ignore Tora's unsuccesful Batak accent, or the too-clean Bajaj driver, or the useless appearance of Darius. I'll even ignore Papap's habit of asking questions during movie watching.
2. I'll dress in red and white to work, even if that means my students will have an amazing time differentiating me from the flag.
3. I'll tie a miniature of the Indonesian flag at the car's radio antenna, and force my friends to salute when they pass my car. Or, when my car passes them.
4. I'll make the street singers sing Merah-Putih song by Cokelat. It doesn't matter if I don't like the song. People do say it is difficult to leave our comfort zone. I'll even be more generous than usual.
5. I'll willingly take part in 'Decorate Tumpeng' competition at Hikari's school, ignoring the fact that I can't cook. After all, it is designed to be beautiful, not edible.
How about you?
ps: I'm still Indonesian and patriotic eventhough I use English. You cannot change my mind about this issue, man.